In common with most Parish Councils up and down the country Bardsey Parish Council was formed in 1896. A Minute Book dating back to this time is still preserved.
The Parish Council is in an elected tier of local government with granted power by the Parish including the important one of raising monies through taxation (the precept). The Parish Council plays a vital part in serving the community and improving the quality of village life.
The Parish Council is made up of nine unpaid Councillors together with a Clerk to the Council. The Council meetings are held in the Committee Room of the Village Hall at 7.00 pm on the 1st Wednesday of every month except August, except where changes are notified at the end of the minutes of the previous month’s meeting. Members of the public are welcome to observe proceedings but not allowed to participate unless presenting an issue to the Council.
Freedom of Information Act
The Model Publication Scheme was formally adopted by the Parish Council at their meeting on 11th December 2008 and comes into effect on 1st January 2009
The scheme commits the Parish Council to make available the following information (where it exists) in hard copy form at a charge of 20p per A4 sheet plus postage costs, or in many instances free on this website. Additional charges can be made for certain types of information request (these could relate to the time taken to deal with a request) where advance warning is required and advance payment may be requested.
• Who we are and what we do organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance.
• What we spend and how we spend it financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and contracts.
• What our priorities are and how we are doing strategy and performance information, plans, assessments, inspections and reviews.
• How we make decisions policy proposals and decisions. Decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures, consultations.
• Our policies and procedures current written protocols for delivering our functions and responsibilities
• Lists and registers information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority.
• The services we offer advice and guidance, booklets and leaflets, transactions and media releases.
A detailed list of what information is covered by this scheme is available from the Clerk to the Parish Council on 01937 573365 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Annual General Meeting is held in the Village Hall every April during which the Chairman of the Parish Council presents an update of the years proceedings.